RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Skybolt ARF
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 02:23 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deanz406
HEY LSP- Did u start ur Skybolt yet??
Nope. Not long after I posted #903, I began feeling bad and confused.... then found out I had a massive tumor on my brain. Went through brain surgery, where of course it was further discovered I also have Stage Four cancer up there. All that was in August. The surgery was successful- well, as successful as it could be- and I've been doing radiation treatments since September. THAT has kicked my butt big time; it just drains you of any energy. But I'm about done with that, and so far the cancer seems to have remained dormant. I have been flying a few times, but simply have no desire to do any bench work for now. That radiation knocks your you-know-what in the dirt.

In about a month, I will find out a more complete idea of what situation the cancer is in... i.e., roughly how much time I have remaining. If its close, I need to dump a LOT of stuff fairly soon so my wife doesn't have to mess with it. If its still pretty good (i.e., not active), then I have some time and might just assemble it. I did get the engine; a NIB OS .61 long stroke with papers, tools, and a new Pitts muffler.

I should get a better idea just before Xmas.