RCU Forums - View Single Post - Align Trex 450L Gyro help (MicroBeast Plus)
Old 11-11-2016, 03:45 PM
sweinhart2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align Trex 450L Gyro help (MicroBeast Plus)

After 2 days of testing and corrections, I finally have the thing mostly stable in the air. I have ensured my setup was good both linkages and main setup. The final corrections I need help with involve tail gyro sensitivities. After much trial and error, I found a setting(pre-torque compensation) that had to be set to maximum, or the heli would spin endlessly to the left. Now comes in the gyro sensitivity. The unit runs from -100 to +100, with negative values equating to normal mode and positive values equating to heading lock. I use a futaba radio whose range is 0 to 100, which means values above 50 are heading lock and below 50 are normal. Anything less than 58.5, the heli will start to spin slowly to the left. and the rate of rotation increases as you decrease the gyro sensitivity. At 58.5, this spin is mostly stopped, although small cyclic inputs often causes slight drift of yaw to the left. The problem is that at this point, the tail also starts to wag(typical of too high a value) and it gets worse the higher you increase it. I've tried playing with pot number 3 which didn't seem to make any difference on either ends of the spectrum. Something's not right because I have never had this problem on other gyros for helicopters. Admittedly though, I can't even make the gyros in my planes work for the same problem. I always got tail wag or a sluggish tail, so I just took them out. Just keep in mind, that the system they designed offloads all mixing functions including swashplate configuration and revo-mixing, so all radio mixing functions are supposed to be turned off.