RCU Forums - View Single Post - Considering a Jeti DC/DS-24. Powerbox SRS compatible?
Old 11-15-2016, 09:09 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a Jeti DC/DS-24. Powerbox SRS compatible?

So since my 12X has become obsolete a few years ago I've been bouncing around about the direction I was going to take in regard to my future radio system. Because of familiarity I ended up trying an XG11. Used it in an EF 104" Extra and I liked it. Wasn't as "premium" feeling as my 12X but it was liveable.

Well I wanted to get back into turbines and I ordered a 1:4.75 Hawk (should be here in a week!). Anyway, 11 channels don't work for me. I need 12 minimum. So I started looking for a new radio system. I ended up getting a Futaba 18SZ. Haven't flown it yet but seems like a really nice radio. Again not the "premium" feel of my 12X but not bad.

In waiting for my Hawk I started looking at the Jeti radios closer and I really like some of the features. Especially for jets. i.e. the fadec temetry, voice call outs, voice commands, MP3 player capability, etc. My question is are the current Jeti radios fully compatiable with the Powerbox SRS system? I don't really want to run a lot of amps through RX's anymore. I was planning on running dual Futaba 3/18 RX's into a Powerbox Mercury SRS.

Any other thoughts? I can sell my 18SZ for a $50 loss so it's really insignificant. I am looking for a radio that I can use for turbines, 100-150cc airplanes, and helicopters. I currently fly with a tray so ergonomics aren't quite as important as gimble feel.

Thanks!