RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Ziroli 101" B-25 thread
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 06:18 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I have seen some. Google Flite metal applications, you should see a few out there. Since mine will be painted to match Tootsie, not going the metal route, just glass and paint.

Provided the left panel is the same length as the right one, the wing span will be 101 1/2". Got the assembly done on the right panel, just need to bottom sheet it so I can place the servo mounts, and remove the aileron and flap, then run the LED landing light and then top sheet and leading edges, then I can move on to the left panel.

Worked on the joiner last night. just used 1/4" plywood to make the part that slides into the CS, then bridged it to the spar with another 1/4" piece and epoxied it together. Second pic shows the clamp I made with ply and balsa that is in the CS. Two 8/32 x 2 1/4" bolts will run through the tube from the bottom and clamp down on the tube as well as securing it from moving. I spent more time last night digging through my hardware looking for the stupid bolts than anything else. Thought I had some in that size, but guess not. I got the T-nuts, but not the bolts, so will have to get some ordered, but will hold off until I have an idea of everything I need first.

The joint between the wing panel and CS needed to be built up a little bit at the front and rear, when I put the top block in for the clamp it was a little too tight and pushed the middle out a bit. I took 1/32" sheeting and glued it in place then block sanded until it was flat again. Now the panel fits tight, no gaps and nice and straight.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3700[1].JPG
Views:	2570
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	2190347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3701[1].JPG
Views:	3061
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	2190348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3702[1].JPG
Views:	2517
Size:	1.78 MB