RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brand New DA 60 problems
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 06:46 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Brand New DA 60 problems

I have a brand new DA60 bought a few years back. It was installed on a WM 50cc Commander along with KS tuned pipe.
On second flight (breaking in) the engine quit in midflight and bearly made it back to the runway hitting my LG. although Repairs were minimal, it took quite a long time to have the chance to try this plane again.
Last week we had a very rough time trying to start the engine and it was impossible to tune. We found out that spark plug was loose after removing the cowl.
Engine was then tested and seemed to work properly after setting the needles (much more open than stock settings). I did not fly that day as it was already dark.

This past weekend I refitted the cowl and tried to fire the DA60 but it would not. We had to put a few drops of fuel inside the carb and use the starter to have it fire.
No matter what we did it would quit passed the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] of throttle stick.
Again cowl was removed, and High needle opened a 1/8th of a turn at a time to reach generously approximately 3 turns. Engine was started but here again it would go to full throttle but when stick was brought down to half throttle it would quit.

Appreciate if you would be able to suggest a few steps to make knowing that due to the fact that I am living in Beirut Lebanon, it would be quite expensive to have the engine sent over to DA for checking.

Thanks in advance for your help.