RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Vintage" Guillows RC kits
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2003, 10:58 PM
linclogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Vintage" Guillows RC kits

When you fellas call them lousy is it because they are old-fashioned stick and tissue kits or is there some other reason? Guillows kits have never been simple kits - you have to enjoy building to put one of those babies together! They take longer to build - no slab-sided fuselages here.

I've been considering obtaining their Bellanca, just for the reason stated - you don't see it modeled very often. But what I've seen of it, it looks like one of their smaller stick and tissue models - just bigger.

Here's one of their Japanese Zero kit's I built last year. It was designed as a rubber powered model (with additional instructions provided for converting it to a U-control or single channel R/C). I built it with a Cox .049 for control line. Covered in silk and SIG dope and finished with Sig's Flat Coat to dull the finish. They do come out nice IF you spend a little time with the details when building them. But it's true - they can be a pain and a lot of work to get all the tiny sticks to match the cut-outs in the formers, etc. I made quite a few upgrades to my Zero but the basic kit is all Guillow's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90820.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	70086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97432.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	70087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88712.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	42.8 KB