RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 09:46 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy New Years to Mark and Nick,

Yes I am full on schedule on inserting the 700 to the scale fuselage. My buddy that sold me the 600e had his rx on there and once pulled I was in a bit of lost-ness as to find the right wires to plug into the VBAR and where. That took me two days plus surfing and talking to my buddy that sold me copter because he just changes TX's and had to redue his whole fleet back to the VBAR's. You have to remember, I did these 700 in like 2011 and have never had to go back and adjust and I just plain forgot what the heck to do, that's why this thing drug on. Two days ago I got her done (600) and took her for a lift off and hover. I was tired when I completed the work the night before so there was an error. When I spooled up SLOW I checked my tail and I was reversed! I reset my TX to normal for that tail servo and started back again. As I hit my flat line curve of 50% just as she got light she spun like a top 360's in the dirt and took out the tail blades, front and back TT gears, and one tooth of the auto-rotation gear! :-(((( So I come back and find I have no parts for the 600 in this area. So Phil my neighbor has tons of parts so I went through his stuff and got the 600 PN#s. You see this old 600 was called a 600CF for carbon fiber flybar and was a belt drive. Then my buddy converted the whole heli to TT and flybarless with the VBAR. So what the heck is thing this, parts????? When you look them up there are so many 600's 600 old, 600 Pro and 550s that share a lot of the same parts so who knows what these parts are on mine. So back to Phil, I matched all of my parts to his in the bags and got their numbers and went on line. NONE are available on this planet any longer.....oops except the auto rotation gear. So I am writing Align on Tuesday and ask for support. So here I sit with an obsolete heli I just bought. No but wait.....for separate shipping and handling YOU can make this repair...........as the TV commercials say. Point being I dug through the box of extras that came with the heli and BAM the whole belt system was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even with one tooth chipped on the auto-rotation gear I slapped here back together and she is ready for her next test. Oh back to the tail, I guess I got off track, After the rebuild I reversed the gain and now the tail moves the right way when swung on the table. But just to CYA myself I will set the 700 next to her and make sure every move is identical. Remember age 70 is knocking on my back door, I feel 45-50 but my brain has slowed a bit, so thats why the CYA for insurance.

Man your Goblin looks like your old car transmission almost. Good Luck with that!

Cheers Boys

PS: you email has been sent