RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP BF109F BUILDING THREAD
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 07:27 AM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LDM
Warbird Al , while you are 100% correct the problem is it's incorrect as far as RC. So Kat is actually correct because we are looking at functions as far as an RC model and how they will impact the model in RC flight.
That is the problem with scale vs RC scale, because the radiator coolant function obviously will not exist on an RC model. So the key is or choice is how do you have an operating wing function add value to your flying model.
1) Make them function with some flap value ?
2) make them functional with possible airbrake value ?
3) or simply make them functional with scale value but little value for improving flight in an RC model.
I am at the same crossroads with planning for my Dauntless. I know I won't use the dive brakes with the exception of an occasional dive attack lol, and making the lower dive break part of the flap execution would be much more useful and effective. So the decision comes down to what one modeler wants vs another.
I shoe gew’ed the radiator servo (std size 40 oz-in servo)to the top of the inner flaps( std size 99 oz-in servo). Makes installing theservos a bit of a pita, but doable. Each runs off its own channel inner flap,outer flap, and radiator gate. Then boy wonder (son) did some programming magicand mad it so inner flap only moves 1/3 as much as radiator gate until they areopen about .5 in. Then if I move the flap slider the flaps deploy as expected. SoI can taxi w the radiators open, then I just need to remember to close them b4takeoff.
I bought match box to simplify it but no joy yet
Planned to maiden last year, hope to do it this year.

Joe