RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite ARF Mig29
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=loucel-RCU;12292241]Hello All,
i got my mig a few years ago from LGM graphics , did a great job in getting the kit started( well a lot of work done) and painted , after sorting out the hydraulic gear, which is working great, and the help from Craigs pictures and this thread, did have some time over the holidays to take this plane again, I'm getting ready to balance the plane and taking Lavis advise on the cg placement, my plane is coming in at 21kgs, and still need to balance!! also noticed the spring looks soft on the nose strut, almost bottoming out

i also have the new tank configuration, are you guys running one set of fuel tanks per turbine, or in series feeding both turbines,[/QUOTE

Hello Loucel,

With the fuel tanks I'm running two seperate systems. The two smaller tanks in parallel for one turbine and the large centre tank for the other. The capacity of both systems in almost identical.

As for the landing gear. I had to cut the main gear springs as the Mig was sitting too high in the rear giving the plane a negative AOA on the ground. That will also contribute to the nose gear bottoming out. When you cut the springs though you loose recoil and the gear can get stuck in the compressed position. To fix this I put some tygon fuel tube inside the spring. This ensures the gear will rebound back out after compression. If the gear is compressed at all during retraction it will jam.

From memory I also added some tygon to stiffen up the nose gear spring as well.

It's the best scale model ever once all the problems are solved.

Cheers
Levi