RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone built a track?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Ballinonabudget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone built a track?

I'm going to be building a track and would like to know of those who have. Or even raced tracks and what are things that I should do and things to stay away from. The area I'm putting the track is mainly flat. There is a section that has a slow steady down grade. I have 2 acres but putting the track at the very back. I have a set of train tracks that run behind my property, they are built up roughly ten feet from the natural layout of the land. There are some trees, bushes and brush from where my land starts and the trains line property ends. I would say 10-15 feet deep worth and they run the length of the rear of my property. From where the tree line starts to the railroad property is the down grade is. I will be using all of that area for the track as well as about 30 foot into the yard of flat land. I know this is a very long post, but I just wanted to try to give everyone a visual so you all could help me out with do's and don'ts. I've been scouring YouTube watching videos of people who have built tracks, other competitive venues to get ideas but I've never actually raced or been to a track. Thanks for reading this long drawn out post lol. Now go with the ideas.