RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 01-12-2017, 12:08 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I still think one of the best features is the on the fly inertia and momentum adjustments via potentiometers. I did not realize how much I would use this feature until I actually assigned them. The ability to change driving characteristics to any surface in ~2 seconds is amazing.
The applications are quite wide ranging for these components. The Scout I use almost daily for not only driving but motor testing as well and it stays cool in on 3S in the hot Florida heat with no additional cooling. I just want to remind people that this is an open source design AND code. Maybe the ESC and more will be combined later, the options are always there I personally like the modular approach as this is my favorite way to do things in RC. No need to buy or replace things that aren't broken and testing individual components is always easier than AIOs. Here soon I'll see what I can do about an install, lately I have been doing some streaming with some friends of mine on Twitch and if there is enough interest I might do some tank video streams and such. Once again I think you guys will be surprised at the ease of the PC app, go download it and take a look!