RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 01-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pedzola
I applaud this effort. Some of you may have seen my prior posts about creating an arduino tank controller. I didnt come up with anything nearly as full featured and elegant as this controller seems to be, but programming my own driving algorithm and setting up my own transmitter controls were infinitely rewarding. I was finally able to drive a tank the way I wanted to.

I am actually downsizing in the hobby and have a couple tanks for sale in the classifieds, but keeping my custom arduino and sabertooth-driven KV2. I'd like one of these new boards just to play around with, maybe will have to start a new project. Would be happy to contribute my driving algorithm to this project if it doesnt have a similar one already - mine simulated inside-track-braking type control with adjustable inertia. I was super happy with the scale realism of it. (Might not work with standard gearboxes tho, as it relied on a style of gearbox that would not roll unless power was applied).
I wanted to tell you SOO bad but I just couldn't and I apologize to those I couldn't! Oh and the Sabertooth works flawlessly as well via PWM or serial I've tested personally both the 2x5 and 2x12, but I like the Scout better IMO. The layout is very similar yet it is more user friendly to work with. Oh and who doesn't love purple?