RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 01-13-2017, 06:49 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pedzola
Lukez I'm flattered that you looked at my code so closely. I did consider assigning the margin variable to a knob. I reviewed the class you linked and obviously you've put a lot more thought into it. Watching videos of real tanks they do jerk around a bit on quick starts/stops/shifting - someone could take what you've done here and make a very realistic model.

I am looking forward to getting the hardware. Will keep an eye out for further announcements.

Also, I came to really like the KV2 as a prototyping tank - Erik you should sell a kv lower half w/4:1 gearbox as a robotics platform.
I was thinking the new Leopard lower chassis instead It is much stronger and will provide a much more stable platform for components to be mounted or an "upper hull" type body/cover. I have already thought of this and the lower hull will be offered in a few different variants. It will have the 4:1 and probably 390 motors too.
Originally Posted by heavyaslead
No computer programming required, now that has me interested.

What 'standard' set-up is configured 'from the factory' without computer tweaking?
Well since it supports a wide array of stuff nothing is default out of the box. However as mentioned earlier a preset could be loaded and then you would only have to assign your sticks. People could setup a preset section for others and share configurations including audio later down the road. Stick assignment takes around 2-3m max (for 16ch) and is done 100% on the app, no need to adjust trim or endpoints on the radio.