View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 08:02 AM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

"First in Flight" Jet Rally
May 24-28
Wilson Industrial Air Center, Wilson NC
Wilson is without a doubt one of the best venues in the country to fly at. Add to that a 4500’ X 150” runway, large hanger for overnight storage, great camping facility right at the airport, shopping, hotels, restaurants and much more within 5 minutes of the airport and you have one great event! Better yet, it’s just 3 short miles off interstate I-95 !!!! Last year’s event saw over 130 pilots from all around and we’re looking to top that again this year.
● Flying times will be extended even more! Beginning at 7:00 AM and running until 7:30 PM.
For Hotel Information, just click on the NavAir link below. Scroll to the bottom of the page for a complete list along with web links to the hotel itself. There is also a second Hampton Inn located even closer to the airport that we'll get info posted on soon.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/W03

Where is Wilson, NC?

It couldn't be more centrally located on the Eastern seaboard! As the picture below shows, it's about right in the center of I-95 between Boston and Miami. And it's also not that far off of the main East-West US artery, I-40. So it's an easy drive from most major eastern cities. And there's no back road jaunt to get there since it's right along the Interstates!

Attached Images

Our Wilson Industrial Air Center event site gives a whole new meaning to the term "WFO".

And our 4500 x 150 foot main paved runway is smooth, flat, and wide.