RCU Forums - View Single Post - TopFlite DC-3/C-47 questions
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 05:47 PM
BrownsFan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TopFlite DC-3/C-47 questions

Ok, have a couple questions for you. Somewhat new to this topic so please don't kill me if all this has been covered before.

First, I can fly single engine planes with reasonable success. Ended the season flying the same two I started the season with, but I have never flown a twin. I was reading through some of the posts and they are suggesting a couple of twin trainers. Both of the options appear to be in the $150 range. My real desire is to build the DC3, which is about $175. Should I skip the trainer? If I kill the DC3 I am only out an extra $25. Seems like I could avoid a huge expense by skipping the twin trainer. Some reviews give this plane great flying characteristics. Should I find someone willing to sell an old Hobbico Twinstar? What if I use the flight simulator for a while?

Second, I have one OS-52. From the sounds of it this may be overkill for the DC3, but again since I have one I only need to buy one more. Would this be an ok engine? How much of it will fit in the cowls?

Finally, we fly off a grass field. Will the Top Flight Retracts hold up to the extra punishment? The field is relatively smooth.

Thanks.
Todd