RCU Forums - View Single Post - Turbine telemetry for Kingtech's New Autostart ECU
Old 02-16-2017, 12:11 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Hi guys,

As Patrick said - to each his own.

For me, fuel telemetry is a must on my turbines. I also use to set timers and lived with all the possible inconsistencies associated with them. Now you can get accurate fuel remaining telemetry on most turbine ECU's which can be displayed on most radio systems.

I use a Futaba 18MZ (yes I know...and I agree....the units of display is a joke, but nevertheless) and with JetCat using a CB Telemetry adapter I can see accurately how much fuel I have left in my jet. With AMT and a Carsten Telemetry adapter I can see accurately how much fuel I have left in my jet. With KingTech (using the Xicoy ECU) and a Xicoy Telemetry adapter I can see accurately how much fuel I have left in my jet.

Get the picture yet?

All these options are using different values to calculate this fuel remaining telemetry - they only have one thing in common. The required information can be aquired from the ECU. All these adapters plug into the GSU slot and then feed back the info to the Rx.....etc.

By having the fuel remaining displayed, each fight can be different in terms of throttle management and circumstances can be judged much better (as Tom pointed out). Time is no longer a factor, you judge your flight duration by the amount of fuel you have left (which is pretty accurate when the adapters are used correctly).

So, please try to get this adapter to display the fuel telemetry.....that will be a first on this ECU.

Thank you for your efforts (Sirrom), I am following this development with keen interest.

Cheers,

Jan

Jan,
i developed the units, not Sirrom.
please read my last post, i DO SUPPORT the fuel quantity when the ECU offers it, and i explained exactly how i could offer fuel quantity to anyone who needs it.