RCU Forums - View Single Post - F104g 1:4 scale
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 11:24 AM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Great work Luke, you show that this model can be made pretty fast.
At a pace that you do, your F 104 will be soon finish.

You and I are the first two that make this model lately, and you are first who order short kit from me.
After, or better word, during our build all unknown will be clarified, so new buyers will have all details.

Also, with short kit new customer can order immediately all extra parts (aluminum tubes, canopy, part for connection elevator & rudder, etc..) so they will not waste time waiting on them.

Maiden flight of this model was at 2012 and this was first F 104 in 1/4 size.
Airworld's Starfighter in this scale appeared a few years later.

Model from our kit is version for modeler which want to have very interesting scale model for not extreme amount of money.
Good builder can made all details, and with paint & weathering model can be in same level like "plastic" model.
Damiano made more than 120 flights with this model and use 160 turbine!!!

Only big difference between this model and "plastic" F104 model are that our retract are not scale.
If you want, you can buy scale retracts for this size F 104, and with a little more effort it is possibile to install them in this construction.

But as I told, this is a plane designed for people who prefer to make their own models and haven't "unlimited" budget...

In the meantime, I got all the aluminum tubes for wing joiners and landing gears, all parts are prepare in machine workshop and now are ready for sending.
Yesterday I got the price for the part that connects the aileron and rudder.

About F 100, wooden kit in 1/4 scale will be available soon.
Damiano made, have and fly that model (more than 750 flights !!!!!!!!) but his model have wings and tail surfaces from foam.
In last few weeks he work to prepare everything for wooden kit and as soon as that modifications will be made, F 100 wooden short kit will be offer to market.

Same story is with wooden kit for F 86, also 1/4 scale, which will have maiden flight in next few weeks.

We have plan, until middle of this year, to prepare for market two more jet model wooden kits.
With my Galeb G2 in 1/5 and 1/4 scale, that will be seven nice big wooden jet kits from www.nsmodeler.rs

Regards

Mirce

Last edited by mirce; 02-17-2017 at 11:30 AM.