RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Ziroli 101" B-25 thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 03:52 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Work is slowly progressing. Working on the tail still. Have the stab built, both fins and rudder built, now in the process of shaping them. Almost finished with the right side one, still have to glue the top block on and shape it, then give it an overall profile sanding, and get the rudder to move freely both directions. Once I have them both ready to glue to the stab, I will cover the area where the servos are located and make some molds for the servo covers. I am holding off on gluing in the control horns on the rudders until I have the fins mounted and to servos exposed so I can line them up properly to they don't bind. GOing to use metal clevis internally and 2-56 ball links externally. Then I can move on to making the elevators.

The Fuse and Wing was easy compared to the tail, so many little details and discovered too late that the design is off scale, the trailing edges are supposed to line up between the fin and stab, and the fins are set back 1/2". Too late to do anything about it now unless I build new fins, and I am not about to do that. Not like its going to be in a contest or anything.

Still haven't gotten word on if the later models had skin or fabric on the rudders.