RCU Forums - View Single Post - New BJ Craft Andrew Jesky Designed 2016 Nats winner Element thread
Old 03-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Cliff_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with all the suggestions, I just wanted everyone to know you needed to be careful and make some adjustments if you plan to stay with the BJ latch. I obviously had too much internal air pressure causing the failure. I have chosen not to continue using the carbon rod and I have allfeady begun to install a pin type latch. I also added additional holes for exit. I will also use some form of covering on the bottom of the canopy, this will reduce the area of force and help reduce the pressure on the latch. With these fixes in place it will be good to go, I probably would fix the carbon rod system but the bottom on my canopy was damaged when the wood block departed. Switching to a pin is the easiest repair so that's how I'm going.
For the three or four min I flew it, it was nice it will be easy to make friends with it. I had 12 deg on elevator seemed bout right. I had about 13 deg on ail and that seemed quick to me but not sure, just not enough time on it. Snap ail were at 28 deg and that's fast, I will slow those down for sure. It seems to be great looking forward to getting some time on it.