RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is this a good cheap FPV drone for a noob?
Old 03-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

If it only worked that way, ... that would be a workable solution. If a hobbico transmitter is already on, the house racer locks onto it immediately. If two transmitters are on, it appears that it is a toss up which one it locks on to.

We were not able to get the House Racer to bind to its transmitter at all w/o turning off all other transmitters from hobbico. Also, last year we had several ominous inadvertently flying off on the same one transmitter. Ominous copters were whacking kids fingers and jumping off the tables unexpectedly, etc.

This year with the house racer, we could not get it to bind to its transmitter anytime any other hobbico transmitter was on. When you have half-dozen kids running planes and helis, it just is not a workable situation.

You are right, it is like the old spectrum UMX stuff. But at least we could get them to bind to its transmitter. Also, we currently typically have a half-dozen Spektrum UMX Planes flying in the gym at the same time, and I have never seen any of the newer spectrum stuff lock on a different transmitter w/o deliberately binding it.

Don't get me wrong, I could give a darn about the brand. We just need something to fly where we can have several in the air at the same time w/o having to coordinate the starts with a half-dozen or more kids. What we have now is to darned confusing, with all the folks that are involved in the same place at the same time. Besides there is technology out there to preclude this issue.

Looks like Blade has a new 110 Multi-rotor racer coming out. We'll be taking a close look that those for our school programs.