RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is it dead
Thread: Is it dead
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:22 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cllaurit
I would be interested in the SPA if they would allow pipes and retracts.
How far is Burbank from St. Charles? I went to a contest put on by Rusty Dose at a really nice field there in 2010 and it went on for 5 years I think. Very few people from the local clubs in the Chicago area came with models, though some said they would in future. I'd say there were as many people from out of state as local. I came from California and another came from West Virginia. It got smaller and smaller and then was discontinued.

Maybe you could start events through your own club, like TonyF and Robert Fish are doing in SoCal. There will be at least a few guys that want to fly and you can build on that. There is a certain draw to the Pattern ships and once one flies one they really like them. I flew a Kaos 40 ARF for some time before going on to a Tipo. Letting new people know that a super "scale" 70's Pattern ship isn't required to start flying Classic events and just bring what you have is a good way to start out those you might try to sell on trying the event.
I think it's not dead, it's small and only as big as those trying to promote it can get it to grow.

Most guys have migrated to RCGroups because of all of the trouble with this site, like David posted, I agree.
Chris...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tipo Chris at Lancaster 2014.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	2206195