RCU Forums - View Single Post - K-45G Sudden Shutdown
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 02:23 PM
George62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkwurk
Hi,

Do you fully empty the plane of fuel when you're done for the day? I've heard of issues like this which were solved by never completely emptying the system. For example, you top it off when you get to the field, you top it off after each flight and you do not empty it at the end of the day. You repeat the cycle each time you go to the fuel. I don't love the idea of transporting a plane with fuel but I know several prominent jet pilots which do not empty their planes for this specific reason.

Just my two cents, good luck.

sc
So we finally resumed our flying after a lenghty break due to the winter weather. We proceed with following your advice not to empty the fuel system completely after the flying session and we now abandon defuelling once the main tank is empty leaving the UAT almost full of fuel. And guess what - the problem seems to be over ! The jet engine did not shut down during our preventive ground "exercise" with the model nor during the first flight of the day as it did before. Yet flying very cautiously we are quite positive about finding the real cause and the issue being likely over Many thanks for your advice !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewjiH-EisBc