RCU Forums - View Single Post - What We're Doing With FPV in RC Tanks
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Sorry for the delay in response, I keep forgetting about this new forum. That's a mobius action cam in the docking station, and I made a little platform that sits right on the top of any Tiger turret. It works but it isn't that pretty so now I'm working on mounting the camera inside the tank behind the driver's view port. Obviously the mobius won't fit in there so I'll use a micro cam and a mini transmitter. I'll do videos of that project, too, and they'll appear at the same youtube channel when they're done. Here's a video that shows how I made the mount for the Tiger, and you could easily make something similar for just about any tank. I imagine this might also work for RC cars or rock crawlers, too, but like I said, it's not real pretty when in use. Of course, you can't see any of it from the goggles or in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvMjr3c82M&t=268s If you're into tanks you might want to browse around my youtube channel a bit. I do have a few videos on different stuff there.