RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 03:20 PM
luckymacy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevarc
Ran the FG90-R3 yesterday. Things did not go so well. It ran for about a minute and a half then something came apart inside. It's on its way back to horizon.
Well, I thought I had read that about a minute and a half was your first run duration. Same thing happened to me yesterday on the very first run ever. Just like with my FG-60, it easily started up initially immediately and sounded great. Let it run for a few seconds at a fast idle then started to slowly increase RPMs up to around 5000 where it eventually just died very quickly at about 5000 rpm as I was reaching for my tiny screw driver to start to richen it up more. It didn't want to turn over, as if it was locked up. I just left it alone for a bit then went back and this time the prop turned through by hand fine. But it refuses to run no matter what I've tried. It doesn't have a 'metallic' or clacking noise coming from the inside so it's not obvious something broke free. What it does do is you can see 'hot vapor' coming out of the carb stack and it'll pop but won't run no matter what follow on carb settings and throttle positions I've tried. I pulled all 3 plugs and verified the ignition system still fires on all 3. I tried multiple 2s LiPo batteries and even tried 2 different fuel tanks. No difference. So it goes back to Horizon.