RCU Forums - View Single Post - Merlin 140XBL Full Throttle Problem
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 08:40 AM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Paul,
I have two 140XBL’s and have experienced both of the sameissues that you described, and not on the same turbine.
First the high temperatureissue this was something that was seen during the startup process and yes myturbine reached these temperatures and higher. This was contributed to aninternal fuel leak, and me not diving into the issue sooner I ended updistorting the shape of the outside turbine casing and rubbing off the exhaust turbine wheel. One thing that I did see whenthis turbine had this problem was a small amount of fuel leaking from theexhaust cone during startup. May want to check if you can see fuel on startup, mine is in aReaction so its easy to see.
Second I also have a 140 in an Ultra flash and experienced thesame issue where I started to lose top end RPM and was told that the pump wasgoing away. I replaced the pump and the turbine was back to full RPM. Then itstarted again and was told to check the fuel system I did a complete clean andhave only flow it twice since then and no issue, so time will tell. One thing Idid do when I started having problems was to re-learn the RC and on couple of occasionthat fixed the problem. Would try tore-learn the RC and then see if there is any change in the top end RPM.
Good luck and please keep use all posted on how you make outthis is all good information for everyone.
Robert