RCU Forums - View Single Post - WARNING - Goldwing Sbach 342 89inch carbon version
Old 04-11-2017, 02:29 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

What I see here is 60 degrees of servo rotation

Aileron servos: Hitec HS-8335SH with 2S LiFe battery (18.5 Kg/cm at 6V; 0,16s/60degree at 6V)

What I see in this picture are waaaay to long servo arms. Which = mechanical disadvantage

Now I start wondering the throws set up? High rates = ? degrees. Low rates =? degrees. What end point adjustment were you using.

In my experience aerobatic flying requires about 20* up and 20* down. 3D only requires another 10* on the ailerons. The elevators 45 or more and the same for the rudder.

It looks like you are throwing servo power and accuracy away for unnecessary throw.

My servo horns are typically shorter on the aileron servo than on the aileron itself. During setup I also always raise the end point to 120% or 140% depending on the radio (what ever max is), and start there with setup.

I love ARF's, but, glue is profit! When I start going over a new plane like this I assume they shorted the glue. I drip 50/50 epoxy / 100% denatured alcohol mixed and put in an old CA
bottle every place I can reach. I call this "Taking Ownership". The plane is now mine and my responsibility. I also use trimsolvent on all the covering edges.

I am sorry about your loss.

And these are just MHO's. Of course I agree they should at the very least offer you some 50% discounted wings.

Last edited by kmeyers; 04-11-2017 at 03:59 PM.