RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG LAMA
Thread: BIG LAMA
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 11:15 PM
aircrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Kevin,

Nice to see you have fun with the Big Lama. It`s a beautiful rc helicopter. I like the fuselage.
I saw your videos and I have some comments.

Your onboard video is quite very steady, I liked it.
The bomb release is a plus, I like your idea and creativity.
Nice leds there too.
In the 2 MINUTE RC HELICOPTER BUILD I see you added even a tail motor! Also that you use some green silicone tube and I think it`s a tube in a tube config. I am waiting some ID 2mm - OD 5mm silicone tube but I think it should be more like 1.8mm.
I see a red fuselage with the new tail design, with no bottom fin.
I noticed that you don`t use an extended shaft and no taped fuselage. That`s good as if you don`t get blade strikes then it flies better with the stock shaft and no tape means no extra weight or bad center of gravity.
I tape all my fuselage so they don`t break no matter what.

Unfortunately I don`t know anything about Xtreme motors. But as you like the more power then going brushless may be the answer.
I bought the Dionysus Design coaxial mixers very recently, so they are in stock. Of course you could use a programmable Tx and use its channel mixing, I see there are some cheap ones.
I bought a Skyartec 500 gyro that at bench test works good.
EK2-0704B gyro that at bench test works good.
Leadeadershobby GY-520 gyro also works good but it needs to be configured through a 6ch Tx. Not sure if it keeps the gyro sensitivity setting of the 6ch adjustment or goes to 50% when used in the stock Tx.
I have some Hobbyking GA250 gyro that I did not bench tested.
But I`m going to order some Detrum GY192 gyro. If they work, which I believe so, then it will be good they are lightweight and have the pot adjustment, only that they don`t have a reverse switch but that`s not so bad.

The most hard to find is the EK5-0004 motors. Some USA shops list them but have no stock. So I bought some from Ali and see what I will get, as they may be EK5-0005 actually. If they are EK5-0005 then I`ll try the 9T pinion..
Then it seems that 250 size heli motors could be an alternative but then again only a few available.
EK1-0352 10T pinion is sold out but you can find similar press-on pinions at different modulus. I don`t remember the modulus but it must be 0.5

Have fun!