RCU Forums - View Single Post - You win some and you lose some
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 04:00 PM
rawk crawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Silver Fox dune buggy is now a silver and black Ford F150 off road truck. Amazingly enough I was able to use all the hardware and body leftover from an old gutted Hot Wheels toy RC truck that I paid $5 at the thrift store. It did have electronics when I bought it but no controller. I knew I'd find a use for it some day.

The two front posts are screwed into the bottom inside of the body and matched up with the holes for the front bumper where it attaches to the chassis. There are holes in the bottom of each post for screws. How lucky!

The back two posts are attached to the inside of the body with screws into posts with holes but not attached to the chassis as there is no way to fasten them yet. It all lines up pretty good actually but the body doesn't quite sit level and the back is jacked up very high. There was also a little tire rib in the front when the truck turns but I fixed that by adjusting the body height.

I plan on cutting the plastic posts in the back to lower them a little. I also need to drill a hole for the wire antenna and tube. I will also be figuring out a way to better fasten the back end of the body to the chassis. The body is on there quite secure right now as it is but I want it so it won't ever come off in the event of a roll over. So far it drives ok and looks pretty cool. It's still not going to break any land speed records though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rc truck 002.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	2211817   Click image for larger version

Name:	rc truck 006.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	2211818   Click image for larger version

Name:	rc truck 003.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	2211819  

Last edited by rawk crawler; 04-25-2017 at 04:10 PM.