RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood (All P-47s Welcome)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Problem with my Seagull 60 size P-47 SNAFU. I assembled this plane per the instruction manual, I didn't check the incidence on anything, I assumed everything would be at least close to where it should be. Balanced the plane where the instructions said it should be. I took it out to the field for it's maiden flight. The plane was nearly un-flyable however I did manage to get it back down with only a little damage. Cutting to the problem, when I got it home I started checking incidence's. With the horizontal stabilizer at 0 degrees the wing was at 2 deg negative. That couldn't be right, the tail was way high, so I set the plane up where it looked to be at the right flying attitude and checked the incidence again. With the wing at 2 degrees positive the horizontal stabilizer was at 4.5 degrees positive.
My question is what should the wing and stabilizer incidence's be?
With no plans to go by I'm using an imaginary datum line that runs through the center of the spinner to the center of the stabilizer to set the fuselage level.