RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM F7F Tigercat Build
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 04:54 AM
ftjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be awhile before i decide where/how to mount batteries and controllers but you offer one idea there. I will keep it in mind. My wing tubes measure 1.178" dia. My replacements measure 1.125. That creates a gap of about .053". If i move forward with keeping the center section and nacelles permanently fixed that shouldn't be an issue. I would only need to apply a coating of about .0265" which my buddy can probably achieve with powder coating and only on the part that will insert into the CC and nacelles. The tubes will be permanently glued in place on the wing tips and my thoughts for now are to bolt the tubes through the nacelles when assembled. When i receive the new tubes i will test fit and see just how loose they are. I have a feeling that won't be too much of an issue though. Lots of thinking and tinkering to do. I am still waiting on my landing gear and don't want to make any major decisions until i have everything on hand so i can begin to sort everything out. I will try to sun test the wings today if i can.

Semper Fi
John