RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric noob....did i fry my receiver rx?
Old 05-01-2017, 09:21 PM
bikz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aeajr
First, many modern receivers can handle up to 9V so you may have done no damage at all.

Right now there is not nearly enough information to determine if you damaged anything as we don't know if anything was working before you did this.

In an electric airplane the battery is connected to the Electronic Speed Control, ESC. The ESC is connected to the throttle channel on the receiver and delivers power and signal to the receiver. It is quite surprising that the battery had the correct connector to attach it to the receiver directly. Normally battery connectors for electric airplanes are not the same as servo connectors that go in the receiver.

You say this is a new 40 MHz futaba micro receiver. Model number please. I am surprised that Futaba is still making 40 MHz receivers as all new equipment is 2.4 GHz and has been for many years. Read the manual and see what the maximum voltage is that the receiver can take. It may be printed on the receiver too.

Please provide more information.
Firstly thank you sir for having given a reply. Really appreciate it. Almost gave up on that receiver due to lack of response from here. thank you once again. The following are my answers to your questions:

What airplane did you get?
SKY WING 32-INCH EPP YAK 55

What radio are you using?
FUTABA 9CAP

What receiver?
FUTABA 4CH MICRO RX R114F 40MHZ

Are the radio and the receiver on the same channel?
YES- I tested it with a 4.8v battery and the crystal which corresponds to my TX at the shop. this was an old stock brand new rx (the very last) from an rc store closing down here.

Had that radio been bound to the receiver/airplane?
no binding needed as both tx and rx will work on the same frequency

ps: unfortunately i was unlucky as the lipo battery had infact a connector which plugged into the rx directly and all the servos went berzerk at that point which indicated that power did pass through the rx. only thereafter i realised there was a port from the ESC to connect the battery.

I hope the above info can shed some light into reviving the rx as correctly pointed, it is unobtainium as it has been discontinued.

the 72mhz version i found from google is posted below which says that 6V is the max voltage...sigh....

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/futaba-r...___store=en_us

Last edited by bikz; 05-01-2017 at 09:25 PM.