RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Blade heli should I start with?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 07:02 PM
garyv440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zanemoseley
Rc helis have captured my curiosity and I know the general differences between coaxial, fixed and compound pitch helis. Even being in a small city I have a very nice hobby shop the sells a lot online, I stopped and spoke to the owner today, he's very experienced in helis, he used to run the competition circuit, he sponsored pilots and even helped design some helis. He doesn't carry many completed helis though as I suppose they're not so popular in my area, he has a many of cars, drones and airplanes, he also has a ton of parts in the shop.

Going into the shop I was looking at the mCX2 to start slow and small however he suggested that I would get bored quickly and suggest starting off with a 120S or larger. I do like that the 120s has more capabilities but still has the different modes to protect the heli while I'm learning. The 120S seems to have mixed reviews online so seems not sure its a smart buy. I noticed that several of the nicer models like the 230S and 250 CFX have the different flying modes to help while I'm learning.

One positive I could think about starting with a mCX2 is that I have a 9 year old so once I get bored with it I could let her use it and buy something nicer. On the other hand I could buy her a $22 syma off Amazon and she would be happy enough.

So which should I look at getting. I don't wanna be too cheap and find myself upgrading too soon, on the other hand I don't want to get into some middle ground that is too nice for a beginner heli but too cheap for a nice heli later on if that makes any sense.

I was wondering what choice you finally made on the Blade heli?