RCU Forums - View Single Post - 90% Carl Goldberg Valkyrie build
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 05:47 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Brendon.Gunnell
Unfortunately I only have the 118" plan in soft copy Fly, 90% is 2.7m as apposed to 3m. I can try scan them at our drawing office when I get a chance, you'll have to PM me your email address and I'll send them once they done. Building the Bonnie is STILL a headache but more so from the kit cutters side, although I still don't particularly like Hostetler's plans as they are not cross referenced to each other (wing to fuselage etc.)
Hosteler definitely has his little quirks but in his defense I haven't seen a prefect plan yet including my own. In many ways the designers like Wendel are victims of their own success, they get to the point the use the same techniques on every design. A given technique work on the previous plans so why deviate, don't fix what isn't broken. You see that a lot in the wing spars, if a design has a big success with a "D" box system on his wing every design will have a "D" box. If his big success uses a shaped plywood spar with a slot system for the ribs each design following will have the same.

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 05-19-2017 at 05:55 AM.