RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 35 RA issues
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone
The ignition I have not tried yet, but for two engines to exhibit the exact same thing I really have my doubts.
Ok the fuel tank is level with the carb and its pulling gas a whopping 4-5 inches, These carbs can pull fuel straight up for 3 feet, I have yet to see the tank placement on a gas engine create an issues, but there is always the first time.
The older DLE engines said what the CR was on the box and unless they changed it, it was a grand 7.5-1 which even 85 octane is pushing it.
I'm going to dam the cowling and see if that will pull some of the extra heat out of it, other than that there isn't much more I can do.
When the engine is tuned to run correctly it gets to hot and goes away within a very few mins run time.
And the answer is no neither engine has been apart. yet LOL. J/K I will either fix or replace them with something that will run.
Oh almost forgot the prop size a 35 CC engine should be able to swing a 20x6 prop with its eyes closed, My 30 can swing a 19x6-8 easy. If I have to drop to and 18x8 prop then this isn't the engine for me.
I have another 36 engine that will eat a 20x6 but that's another thread.
The instruction manuals say a 20x6 is right in there for the recommended props,