RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Extra 300
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 07:42 AM
plankpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I opted for swapping wire positions in the servo because the LHS didn't have any reverse servos, and I did not feel like ordering one and waiting for it. I could have used another channel and used my radio channel mixing functions like I did with my E Flite P38, but I went old school. It only took a few minutes to re solder.
The next puzzle to solve is muffler and cowl fitting. My CG Sukhoi is fitted with a YS120 and Slimline Pitts muffler w/smoke. It fitted nicely with that nice fat round cowl and gave plenty of room to work in, but this combo with the Extra looks a little more challenging. I already have to remove the valve cover to install or remove the cowl. I never really favored cutting up huge holes in cowlings. I know Fiberglass Specialties makes an extended cowl for Pitts muffler. Has anyone else used a YS120 or 140 with the Slimline Pitts muffler? I am curious to see how it fits with either the stock cowl or an aftermarket fiberglass cowl. Attached photos show how I have the cut outs for now. I cannot even screw on the YS exhaust pipe and muffler at this point without having to do more cutting.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2030.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2218420   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2031.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	2218421   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2032.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	1.82 MB