RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Kelly OConnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
I never mounted a Sullivan tank in a Nitro Hammer but they fit great in a CEN Racing Grey Thunder. It'd have to be what you can find out what will fit best in there. The SS (Square Slant) tanks seem to work better. Sullivan should have the tank sizes on their site.

Kelly, the .15 is a low-dollar O.S. but many other brands of pull-starters should also fit as a lot of them are alike.. Try the Sullivan Products site also as by using their Tiger Drive guide it will give you an idea of what other engine pull-starters are compatible.
BTW, sometimes one-way bearing repairs are really easy. I've shot a little oil or a squirt of nitro in them to get them to work again! It's been known to work for me.
Ron, thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the information about the Tiger drive. This looks like the best way to go. The boat belongs to my neighbor who bought it for their kid when he was much younger. The boat was taken apart, parts lost including the pull starter. They have decided to see if I could get it going now that he's 20.