RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 12:25 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
When programming the ECU for the Kingtech with a jet radio, are you guys using -+80 or 100?
Here is my standard setup which works on any turbine with a Xicoy ECU (Kingtech, JetCentral) and works on JetCat. This setup uses a two-position safety switch as both the throttle trim switch and a throttle cut switch. This eliminates using the trim buttons (which are reassigned to nose wheel steering trim) and throttle cut will shut down the engine immediately in an emergency (without the need for to pull back the stick AND lower the trim). Use a safety switch since you don't want to accidentally move the switch when everything is A-OK.

Servo setup for Throttle: Subtrim 0. Max positive +75, Max negative -75, Max positive limit +75, Max negative limit -125, Reverse No, Delay 0.0s 0.0s
Advanced Properties, Other Model Options: Throttle Cut switch (select a two position locking switch), Throttle Cut output value -125%
Fine Tuning, Digital Trim: for the second line (normally Throttle1) select nose wheel steering, scroll right and make the Mode "Centered"

You can see in servo monitor that,
With the safety switch down (trim low, throttle cut) the value is -93% regardless of stick position
Safety switch up (trim high) and throttle stick down -73%
Safety switch up (trim high) and throttle stick up +74%

I've never had a problem with these settings on hundreds of flights with many different brands of turbine.

Regards,

Jim