RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hiec HG3XA gyro set up questions
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 01:05 PM
GrantL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 way position switch

Originally Posted by Paul Jarvis
Hi Grant.......not a problem putting the gyro 5 to 6 inches ahead of the CG (it will simply make the elevator response a little quicker------so adjust the elev. gain to about 1/3 of the pot rotation)..........if it's ahead of the CG, but on the center line of the fuselage, the ailerons and rudder will be fine (set those pots at 1/2 gain).........be sure to look at the gyro closely to insert the plugs correctly......also, you did not ask me about what switch (and how much value on each position of a 3-way switch) to use........can only assume you know about that.........some new users of the Hitec Gyro are also not familier with how to reverse it (not in the trans. reversing servo section, and not in the switch values).......read the directions on "reversing" in the instructions...........actually, if this seems like too much to type back and forth to each other, just call me at 970-846-8800 (be sure and leave a return number if you were to get my "voicemail".......we are here to help you.......thanks........
Paul Jarvis (Team Hitec-Pilot)

Hi Paul... What were the 3 way switch settings again... I was driving when we talked... I'm assuming these are the settings for the end points.. Is that correct?

Thanks
Grant

PS... Hi Andy... It's been awhile..