RCU Forums - View Single Post - 91hz with #61b carb
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Ace9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91hz with #61b carb

I recently removed my mixture control valve (29085510) from the carb. I then removed the second part of the mixture control valve which was held into the carb rotor by the small o ring. Upon assembly, I noticed that the second part of the mixture control valve (with the one small O ring on the end) has a slot machined opposite to the o ring. Does this line up with the opening in the larger part of the mixture control valve (with 2 o rings) ? Also, what position should the throttle be at when you insert the mixture control valve into the bore of the carb housing? Do these parts have to be timed or indexed to one and another? I guess in short, I'm asking what is the procedure for installing the mixture control valve into the side of the carb housing? The first attempt resulted in the throttle lever being too tight to move. I noticed that after I loosened the mixture control valve stopper (27681340) the throttle lever instantly turned normal. I placed the small washer onto the side of the carb housing so it is between the mixture control bracket and the carb so that when you tighten the screw it doesn't crush the control valve by creating a stop by bottoming out. Thanks in advance.