RCU Forums - View Single Post - K-45G Sudden Shutdown
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 02:01 AM
George62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DenisFerrari
Hi guys, just curious to know how your flights are going and if you experienced more flameouts

Reason of my curiosity is that after +40 flights with my Wren 80 DCi I had a very strange flame out , around 3.5 mins after first flight, during a fast roll and I could safely land my Xcalibur.

As soon as inspected nothing wrong appeared, no bubbles, nothing at all.after the checks I took off again no problems at all.

And then I took 3 more flights, all good as before the flame out.

I found so many things in common with your experience, but in my case Xicoy fadec is one for brushless pump.

I've also downloaded last 51 mins and my glamour seems like yours, that is with no evidence of low Rom or temperature.

On the DT, just after landing I had "Speed Low" or something similar. But Rpm we're much higher than idle.

I have BVM UAT and I wouldn't want is because a remove half of the fuel up after every flight session. Is this really correct ?

​​​​​​WWhen refuelling I normally incline little bit the model to leave all the air go back to main tank and finish refuelling with UAT full. Like I find it after every flight and even after the flame out.

Also, no problems or evidence of any leak in my fuel system and I rely this is good. The same for main tank clunk and the rest.

I know its not easy with these few details, but any idea ?

Thank you.
Hi Denis,
since we have been following the advice skunkwurk gave to us, i.e. not to drain fuel from the UAT after we complete our flying session/day we have got no flameout at all. Yesterday we completed our 73rd flight in total and 43rd since our last flameout. We always make sure to stop pumping out the kerosin as soon as the main tank is becoming empty while the fuel starts to be drained from the UAT. So when we finish draining the fuel the UAT reamains about 90% full of fuel.
When we started with this proceedure and were uncertain if it works or not we always did an exercise with the model on the ground at the begining of each flying session/day. The purpose was to simulate manoeuvres like flying up and down and right and left by holding the model safely in hands with the turbine running.
I hope our advice might help you and we wish you to enjoy flying with no flameouts again
George

Video of exercise before we abandoned to leave the UAT empty when the turbine used to always flameout during the first run of the flying session/day:

Video of our last week´s flight:

Last edited by George62; 02-02-2018 at 12:29 AM.