RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-3 Pics and Build
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 08:36 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
I had an opportunity to visit Franks workshop today to pick up one of his custom plane cradles. While there I checked out the two T-3 projects under construction. My overall impression of the T-3 great.

The quality of the composite work and paint is IMO very good. The landing gear is huge and looks very strong. The kevlar combined fuel and smoke tank is outstanding and includes built in aluminum mounting lugs. What a concept, pre-engineered and fabricated tank mounts!

The plywood used throughout is exceptional. It is seven ply aircraft ply. I saw no void, splits, warps, or splinters hanging off the installed parts. The quality of the plywood and the interior finish of the airex skin material is far superior to the two ARF models I just finished from another big name ARF manufacturer...and for a cheaper price.

Frank is doing an outstanding job with the assembly with lots of cool Frank extras included. I'm looking forward to seeing Jamie and Frank get these two jets in the air. They look like they will fly great. If they perform as well as they look it will be hard to beat the T-3 fun / $ ratio for a jet this size.

Gary
Yes Gary you are correct I had the opportunity to see and fly the T-1, Great bird. I also agree the quality is very good. Frank is a killer builder.. who would have known that..I didn't. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing both Jamie's and Franks T-3 soon.