RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glow engines that dangerous..??
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:15 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by proptop
They might be talking about tape, or other forms of voice or video recorders...same with lap top computers...
New forms of plastic explosives that can be molded / shaped into various forms / disguises, which might include components of familiar electronic devices?

I ain't no TSA expert here S-P...just going from what I've seen on "the news"...but my friend just sort of said something about residual elements of combusted glow fuel,
and that made me go hmmm...
Not enough fumes to matter. Are gas engines not allowed? The fumes from gas engines would be more dangerous. Bet someone is getting nitro methane confused with nitro glycerin. Or they assume the fumes are more dangerous because they see that AA nitro funny cars and dragsters use it. But nitro is actually much less flammable than gasoline. It only makes more power because you can run it extremely rich. There is some danger transporting a can of liquid fuel because it can explode when instantly compressed but would only happen in a bad crash. But the left over fuels are relatively harmless.