RCU Forums - View Single Post - The lounge: version 5.0 2016 Edition
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 03:21 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
Really annoying when you check store stock of an item and you go to pick it up...item not to be found.

Website (local Lowes store) had quantity of 1 listed for an item. Went to store to find it...not there. Asked sales associate to help find item...none in store. I asked if they can have item shipped from another store, so that I may pickup at a later date. "Can't do that," they told me. A day later, their website still says they have one, of the item I'm looking for, in stock. I order item online for store pickup, just to amuse myself, and have workers look for it. I wait for email to confirm item is ready for pickup...of course that never happens, and I call store to find out why. "We are getting your order ready, Sir." Fifteen minutes later I get a phone call saying we are sorry to inform you the item you purchased is not at the store.

This is why I shop online, 95% of the time, to get what I need, and have items shipped to front door. I can't tell you how many times I've wasted gas, time, and energy while shopping at actual "brick and mortal" stores.

Frustrating .
I swear I'm seeing things. The same item I was looking for at Lowes was sold on Amazon, but no free shipping, and a couple of dollars more. So, I put it on my wishlist. After putting item on my wishlist, a day later I notice the item is now lower in price, and "Prime" available (FREE Two-Day Shipping). Two clicks of the mouse; a couple of $$$ cheaper, and at my door two days later.

Sweet.

No wonder our local mall is becoming a ghost town.