RCU Forums - View Single Post - T1 Models Euro Fighter build
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 06:05 PM
mmflytie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other topic I will add to this thread is that of installing the afterburner rings. This was a challenge since I wanted the rings to be as close to the exit opening of the nozzles so they could be seen but that ended up completely blocking the access( thru the rear nozzles) to get the rear fuselage exhaust body screws attached to the rear of the jet. You are correct that the fitting is perfect but it took a little planning to figure out how I was going to get the rings install in the nozzles and still be able to get the screws in for the tail piece. First step was to mark where I wanted the rings to attached inside the nozzles. Made the mount blocks and installed the rings.(Pre wrapped all wiring in heat shield aluminum tape) Then I had to remove the engine mount rails and pull the bifurcated pipe as far forward in fuselage as possible. Then I attached pipe support frame to the back of the fuselage. Then I attached the tailcone body to the rear of the fuselage using supplied screws with a long screwdriver to reach thru the opening of the nozzles to the attachment points in the back of fuselage.( at this point make sure you are finished and satisfied with your rudder assembly because you will cover up access after tailcone body is attached.... any tail lighting , do it now)
Now the tricky part was sliding the pipe back into place , going thru the support brackets, and the afterburner rings. You will need engine mount rails removed to get a straight shot at lining up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3708.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	2226504   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3695.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	2226505   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2226506  

Last edited by mmflytie; 08-01-2017 at 06:07 PM.