RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 04:32 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
Yes, if the CB does not see data on RX1 it will switch to RX2.
I just finished bench testing it yesterday with various failure modes.. In all cases it switched to RX2 port.

So.. If you are going to go that route for now, the only thing extra to do, is to turn off the cortex pro sometime, and trim the model quickly.. this way the feel really won't change a lot for a few seconds it is on RX2. If you are pulling on the sticks when it happens, the CP isn't really doing a lot anyway, but the CP can hide a model being little out of trim.. What you might feel is the sensitivity increase. But if you originally put some expo in, that should be ok.

I use a switch to disable any gyro.. 3 ways in the Jeti. One is to use the trim function on the gain.. the other is to free mix gain to gain at -100%, and the final is simply to put the gain channel on a knob or switch. I use the trim function, or the mix(when i have an Mspeed reducing gain at high speed).

The standard setup with the umbilical like the original still works superbly.. the only thing you theoretically give up is the poly fuses. which take a direct short to trigger. something that I have never had happen, and only seen once..

A lot of people are looking at this issue.. stay tuned. update to TX4.23 and CP1.4 when you can