RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 07:36 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
Goose, how does the CP recognizes a low Q ??
As it has been explained several times, Q is a value computed at the Transmitter. Receivers don't know or care about Q.

Jack
Jack, the Q value is computed in the TX like you through.. but what the CP and CB can determine is the amount of valid packets in a given timeframe. Thats how it determines control stream.. When the number of valid packets drops off to a very low value, the latency goes up and some value will trigger a switch over by both the CP and CB..

The issue we are chasing is when we get a double switch, or when the CP switches, and the CB does too... In serial dual mode, the CP switches and the CB in theory never sees the switch because the CP sends dual signals that are derived from primary. When it switches, the CB sees the signal from R2 down both signal wires..

The problem is when the CP switches to RX2, it doesn't send back data. And when there is a bad signal environment, it can create a situation where it switches and not enough packets are available. So for now, we are circumventing the double negative situation by recommending to put secondary receiver directly into RX2 port. This allows the CB to do the switching.. When the CP switches from B to A, nothing will be there, and the CB will switch to RX2, and all is well.

This can be alarmed as well by setting the "alarm at loss of RX1" but you will get nuisance alarms when it switches.. I still have my alarm set to "loss of both". But I have my antenna alarm set at 3, and q at 25%, for "signal weak" just as a precaution..

So for now my personal recommendation is either connect Primary thru the CP, and sec RX to RX2 port for now, OR go back to the umbilical and not run the dual serial setup thru the CP for now.. either of these options is working fine, and you also won't have data dropouts.
We will get to the bottom of this.

PS.. if you run the umbilical and want more servo power put into the cortex pro, just pick one of the servo outputs and Y off it, and bring a 2 wire power over from the Central box channel.. any servo output.. Kinda like you did with the CP.. I have tested this setup too.. it works fine. This is the way the spektrum guys run it now off their Powersafe setup.

Last edited by gooseF22; 08-22-2017 at 07:44 PM.