RCU Forums - View Single Post - New big Ripmax Xcalibur (Xcalibur+)
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 07:15 PM
dmattmul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been flying (and working) the mid size X-Calibur so not a lot of time to work on the +. Spent the last few days fitting some parts. The Pro-Link Hercules retracts seem to provide more than enough pull. I even tried to stop the retract each way from retracting and coming back into the wells and could not stop them. The new Hercules retracts are the way to go if you want to use electrics. Only issue as mentioned before is the main wing tube is very tight. Spent some time sanding and fit well except the last inch that would not seat in the clamping mechanism. Kept hitting the clamp and not go into it on the left wing. The only solution was to sand the clamp and then using pressure from into the servo well push the tube into position. I'll keep the tube in this wing from now on and work the wing tube through the fuselage into the other wing. Anti rotation pins needed some sanding to place Inside the wing. All in all it's a nice design. I'm using a Wren 180 as this is the only airframe where I can stand a turbine loss and able to bring it back home. Nice work from Dave and the team that designed and built this.