RCU Forums - View Single Post - CY Model P-51D Mustang 2.4M - 85cc
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 02:45 AM
Quandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n8622t
looking good Quandry....I have a couple question on the Roto and the firewall, did you have to mount the engine at a slant because of the cowl? Also, What are the measurements of the bulkhead that the engine box is mounted on? I had the Roto 85 opposing twin a while back and it ran very well. I did have an issue with the exhaust valves sticking but that was fixed after I changed the oil that I was using....wonderful engine!
Thanks Quandry
Thanks! and yes the engine had to go on a slant to fit in to the cowl. It's pretty tight in there now, I may still need to cut out some minor areas but without putting it on that angle then the cut outs would be significant.

The engine box is mounted to a fairly cheesy sheet of ply. This will be glued and screwed to the thicker fues firewall, and the kit also inludes aluminium brackets to really screw the whole thing together. I hope then it should be rugged enough for the odd noseover that these planes are known for.

Good to hear your Roto ran well - fingers crossed I will have a similar experience