RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with several engines
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 01:20 PM
MurphyLong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ma_mulcahy
Check the closed listings on ebay for comparable engines so you know what to ask. My advice is to use an auction format starting at a low price. Some sellers put their final asking price up and more often then not, they have to relist multiple times to find a buyer. You are risking a lower selling price, but you might make out better as well. Time your auction to end on a Sunday so you might have more available bidders, although snipers really don't care.
I refuse to sell on eBay. I sold a $1,200 Summilux camera lens on there a while back, and the guy filed a claim saying I sent him something different. eBay told him to return it for a refund, and he sent me some garbage yard sale lens. Even though I had pictures of my lens getting packed, eBay still sided with him. He kept my lens, I got nothing.

With that said, I'll probably tall to the guys in the local club, and work out a barter of them cleaning them up and keeping something in exchange. If I get enough out of everything, including the 4 planes and 2 Txsto buy an electric RTF, I'll be happy.