RCU Forums - View Single Post - I bought a DX6.............
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 06:42 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hello Gents ,
I will say I have never seen the manual for an RC transmitter written as the OP wants , a complete beginner's guide to programming a TX "from the ground up" . Every manual I've ever seen was written for a hobbyist who , having come far enough to be programming his own TX , already knew what he wanted to do with the expo , end points and the like . And when it comes right down to it , most if not all manuals even outside the RC world are written with the premise that the reader is already familiar enough with the basic technology at hand that they wouldn't need to be instructed on the more basic functions and features , and would need only a guide as to where to find whichever function or feature they wish to alter in the layered menus .

PS , to the OP , Andy really is a great guy who gives his free time here to answer and try to help folks , and I know you got off to a bad start in the discussion over at RCG , but , I do think you'll find that if you approach him in a friendly rather than angry manner he'll be the most knowledgeable of pretty much all the folks who will be answering your questions . Yes I do understand your frustration of feeling that the manual takes the beginner for granted but rest assured it hasn't been done by Andy personally , nor to trip you up intentionally , it's just the way I've seen all TX manuals written for the 50 or so years I've been flying things by remote control .